bright04

why my iphone cant send picture or recieve picture despite the fact my mms has been set up?

Super Dealer
unwiredplanet

Re: why my iphone cant send picture or recieve picture despite the fact my mms has been set up?

We need to know more specifics in order to be able to help effectively. What did you do to set up MMS? Is the phone Factory Unlocked or Jailbroken & Unlocked? Which iPhone do you have? What version of iOS is it running? There are different things you could do based on these parameters...

Purveyor of unwired solutions
atbrown2011

Unable to send mms since updating unlocked Iphone 4 to IOS 6

I have also noticed that since updating ios 6 to my device that I am no longer able to send MMS. I can recieve MMS but unable to send. I have reset network settings, reset device and restored device as new as well as re erntered settings from this website and issue remains!!! I know Im not the only one experiencing this issue! WHat is simple mobile doing to at least find out what the cause is and if its a work around?

MobileMod

Re: Unable to send mms since updating unlocked Iphone 4 to IOS 6

Yes, Apple put a lot of people out in the cold with that one! Fortunately there is a new way to configure your iPhone running iOS6. To our knowledge, this only works on factory unlocked phones.

You must follow these instructions to the T or it will not work. When it says "back in" or "go back" it means tap back to, not press the home button. If you press the home button when not asked to, it will not work.

From our Facebook page:

by Simple Mobile on Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 6:23pm ·

This method was tested on a factory unlocked iPhone 4S after upgrading to iOS6. No need for jailbreak!

STEP 1:  Go to "Settings", tap on WiFi and temporarily turn it OFF

STEP 2:  Back in "Settings", scroll down to "Messages" and tap to open it.  Make sure MMS is OFF.

STEP 3:  Go back to "Settings", tap on "General" and then "Cellular". Make sure "Enable 3G" is OFF & "Data Roaming" is ON.

STEP 3:  Scroll down & tap on "Cellular Data Network"

STEP 4: Under "Cellular Data Network" put in the following:

Cellular Data APN:   simple

MMS APN:   simple

MMSC:   http://smpl.mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy:   216.155.165.50:8080

MMS Max Message Size:   1048576

MMS UA Prof URL:   http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

Leave all other fields blank

STEP 5: Click on the Home button to go back to the main phone screen

STEP 6: Go back to "Settings" one more time, scroll down and tap on "Messages" and turn it ON.

STEP 7: Press the Home button and you're set to send & receive MMS on SIMPLE Mobile!

Once you have set it up and tested to see it works, you can re-enable WiFi, turn off Data Roaming (SIMPLE Mobile doesn't roam on data anyway) and turn on 3G (or leave it off if you're not in a 3G area for at&t devices on our network).

jtavasun

[ Edited ]

This worked.  Awesome!!

Jamebrown12

Re: why my iphone cant send picture or recieve picture despite the fact my mms has been set up?

It is unlock
Blizzard1

I have a recently unlocked AT&T IPhone 4 working on IOS 6.01.  (It was unlocked at a store that sells/repairs phones and wireless plans, so I am not sure if that means it is "factory" unlocked or not.)  Unfortunately, I am unable to send or receive pictures via MMS.  I tried to follow your instructions, however, my phone does not show "Cellular Data Network" so I am unable to program the APN settings.  I went back to the store that unlocked my IPhone, but they said they were unable to figure out how to make it work.  What steps do I need to take to be able to send/receive pictures via MMS on my Iphone?  Thanks.   

Super Dealer
unwiredplanet

[ Edited ]

If you can't see "Cellular Data Network" and you have a SIMPLE Mobile SIM in it, then it is very likely that your phone is not unlocked. It may have been jailbroken but not unlocked. They are two different things. In order to manually programm web/MMS, you must have access to the "Cellular Data Network" option.

Factory unlocked means that it originally shipped unlocked from Apple or AT&T gave you a code that unlocked it for you, or you paid for an IMEI unlock code from a website or dealer that sells legitimate factory unlock IMEI codes.

Purveyor of unwired solutions
New Contributor
ArtNY

MMS settings

After I put :8080 to my original MMS setting I was able at least to send MMS out. Thabnk you!

New Contributor
mk77

I have a jailborken/unlocked iphone 4... seems i now cant receive/send pictures. help please!!

I have a jailborken/unlocked iphone 4... seems i now cant receive/send pictures.  help please!!