agzlez

Will an Unlocked iPhone 4/4S GSM work with Simple Mobile plan?

My younger sister really wants an iPhone 4S this Christmas and I was wondering if through Simple Mobile I could purchase the $40.00 plan for her so she could use it with an iPhone?

So, would an Unlocked iPhone 4S GSM work with Simple Mobile? If not, what about the iPhone 4? Thanks very much! 

SIMPLE Mobile Dealer
DonMartin

Re: Will an Unlocked iPhone 4/4S GSM work with Simple Mobile plan?

The iPhone 4 and 4S will work with Simple Mobile as long as you have an unlocked GSM version.  You can either get this as a factory unlocked iPhone or as an unlocked / jailbroken AT&T iPhone.

iPhones only get EDGE (2G) speeds on Simple Mobile except in certain markets.  So, unless you live in one of those areas where T-Mobile (that's the network Simple Mobile uses) has modified their network, your iPhone won't get 3G.  However, if you do live in one of those markets, then you could get really fast 3G.  T-Mobile is rolling this out nationwide, so if you aren't too worried about the data speeds today, you will probably be increasingly pleased with data speeds in the future.

There are lot of people using iPhones with Simple Mobile (including me!)

New Contributor
ashanty

Hi I'm about to get an iphone 4s I live in new York and I think its one of those areas where we'll be benefiting from the speed upgrades // my question is do I have to unlock/jailbreak this AT&T IPHONE I'm getting? And what does jailbreaking an iphone do exactly? What are the pro's and cons to it?

VannaK21

I don't like my Verizon plan but if i try to get out of the contract Verizon will lock my phone can simple mobile turn my iPhone 4s on for me ?