New Contributor
jago6416

Nokia Lumia 521 Works Great! On simple mobile!!!

Just got the new T-mobile Lumia 521 for $95 from Amazon. Set up was easy. The hardest part was having to cut my existing full size sim card down to the new micro sim size ( but I found very useful videos on youtube uses at your own risk) after that I inserted the card FIRST then let it boot up and do the first time set up and I was good to go!!!!! I can make calls  get  texts and pictures text.  So happy with this phone!! Works great never going back to Android!!

hello_georgi

Re: Nokia Lumia 521 Works Great! On simple mobile!!!

[ Edited ]

I just got a new Nokia Lumia 521 from T-Mobile and I would love to set it up myself with Simple Mobile. I have the regular SIM card, could you be so kind to share the link where you found the steps to program your phone please? 

I would appreciate it very much, I did with my previous phones but for this one I don't see any instructions on the website. 

Thank you!

New Contributor
jago6416

Re: Nokia Lumia 521 Works Great! On simple mobile!!!

Sorry for the late response.. I didn't get a notification that someone posted a reply. As far as cutting the SIM card the easiest way is to use the Micro SIM that comes with the phone, line up the metal contacts (make sure both cards are in the same orientation and use that as a guide template and cut around the template. This video may also be helpful http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gzsOPfwR46w

as for the programming? I'm guessing u mean to receive mms and cell data. WP has a feature depending on the carrier (in this case simple mobile) if you turn the phone on the first time with the SIM already inserted all APN setting should be configured. I've set mine up as well as 3 other Lumia 521 for friends and family with no problems. If you have passed this step you should be able to do a Master reset with the sim already inserted and that might make ur life easier. Hope this helps