New Contributor
cbc0201

Google voice

Does anybody know if Google Voice is compatible with Simple Mobile? 

Super Dealer
unwiredplanet

Re: Google voice

Yes and no. You can use Google voice to forward your GV number to your SIMPLE Mobile number. If you have an Android phone and use the GV app, you can use it for making/receiving calls and SMS with your GV number. What you cannot do is use the GV app as visual voicemail for your SIMPLE Mobile number. This is because SIMPLE Mobile does not offer conditional call forwarding. Most prepaid services out there have this restriction. I have a T-Mobile Monthly 4G plan as well and it has the same restriction.

Purveyor of unwired solutions
db3
New Contributor
db3

So it will work as long as I port my number to google voice? do i understand correctly?

Super Dealer
unwiredplanet

If that's the number you want to use as your Google Voice number & get visual voicemail, then yes, that's a good option. The only downside to GV right now is that it doesn't fully support MMS. You'll get a text message with a link to download the photo instead. You will also need to get a new number for the phone you will use your GV number on because Google is not a cell service provider, they are just a messsaging service.

Purveyor of unwired solutions